We have a enviable track record of delivering results and on average we deliver a ten-fold return on our client’s investment. In brief, we have:
A sample of recent work with clients:
- Increasing sales force revenue and productivity
- Resolving post-merger pains
- Creating a strategy and organisational buy-in
- Doubling response rates in a marketing campaign
- Improving talent engagement and building a capability programme
- Building a culture of cooperation and leadership in a private bank – creative communication
- Improve sales, profitability and brand appeal for youth and young adults
INCREASING SALES FORCE REVENUE AND PRODUCTIVITY
- CLIENT: A leading preventative medicine and healthcare company operating in over 30 countries.
- Maximising the effectiveness of their direct and retail sales force.
- Creating a more innovative culture to drive product design.
- Delivering inspiring company events and improving working relationships between teams.
- Marketing effectively to different generations in different regions.
- Re-engineered the sales process and re-trained the sales force to more powerfully connect with customers.
- Facilitated and provided input to leadership events, strategic planning days and organisational design.
- Created a culture of “invitational innovation” that all individuals could embrace and significantly improved product development and packaging.
- Defined marketing strategies and plans for maximum return on investment.
- Turnover increased 300%.
- Profits increased year on year (63% between 2006 and 2007).
SOLUTION: (Over a retainer period of 5 years)
RESULTS: (Over 5 years)
“Whilst there are obviously many factors impacting this growth, I do believe the TomorrowToday team involvement has played a very important role.” Eleanor Scott: Marketing and Sales Director
RESOLVING POST-MERGER PAINS
- CLIENT: A leading general retailer operating in 11 countries with 23 000 employees and sales exceeding £3bn.
- Merging radically different company cultures.
- Inter-generational conflict between individuals and teams.
- Symptoms included low morale, increased staff turnover, loss of ‘talented’ staff, unmotivated workforce and active resistance to change.
- Result was spiralling costs and diminishing merger benefits.
- Created a leadership programme to adapt style to new organisation.
- Helped define the new workplace model to meet different generational needs and to attract and retain talent.
- Used post merger communications to reverse resistance.
- Developed creative ways of making the working environment more enjoyable.
- Staff turnover reduced from 28% p.a. to 13% p.a.
- Morale improved with twice as many people attending team events.
- Staff surveys reflected a significant shift in people’s perceptions of the business with staff taking an increased interest in reducing costs and increasing efficiency.
“TomorrowToday have brought insight and expertise and dare I say it, fun, to a complex human situation following a difficult merger”. Neville Dunn, Financial Director.
CREATING A STRATEGY AND ORGANISATIONAL BUY-IN
- CLIENT:The Scouts Movement: A large global charity with a distinguished 100 year history inpreparing young children for life challenges with a large head office staff and over 100,000 volunteers in the UK
- Develop the organisation’s long term strategy and engage with senior leaders for buy-in
- Revitalise the organisation’s vision
- Change to the movement to be applicable to the new values of its volunteers and children
- Taking the whole movement along the change journey
- A Generational Audit identified the strength of connection and where focus was required
- Using a process of appreciative enquiry with senior leadership team and directors, we identified strategic options and helped to shape the vision for the next ten years
- Worked with the senior leadership team and Board of Trustees running a series of presentations and workshops to ensure strategic vision gained buy-in throughout leadership of the organisation
- Recorded a DVD on generations and key challenges facing the movement to ensure message reached the broader audience
- Developed a process for a weekend leadership retreat with about 400 key leaders, and facilitated the entire weekend to take them through the visioning process
- Following our presentations and workshops volunteers and leaders immediately identified and understood why change was required
- The weekend leadership retreat was regarded as a major success, which achieved unprecedented levels of engagement and buy-in throughout the organisation
- A ten-year strategic vision was adopted, and the senior leadership team mandated to implement key short-, medium- and long-term objectives
“So impressed have we been with your delivery that the second round of budget approval was made by the board without hesitation. This work has ensured an excellent UK-wide strategic development.” – Derek Twine CBE, Chief Executive
DOUBLING RESPONSE RATES IN A MARKETING CAMPAIGN
- CLIENT: International high street bank with leading investment arm
- Established direct marketing campaign to a saturated base, selling a mature product in tough market conditions
- Worked with marketing team and advertising agency to develop a value proposition for Generation X and Baby Boomers
- Developed 2 new packs and tested them against existing champion pack
- Developed testing matrix along with cells
- Worked with team to refine and perfect results
- Immediate improvement in uptake of new business
- Response and conversion rate doubled
- Campaign used as case study across business to demonstrate marketing’s results
IMPROVING TALENT ENGAGEMENT AND BUILDING A CAPABILITY PROGRAMME
- CLIENT: A leading German car manufacturer
- Retaining talented staff with a focus on chartered accountants
- Generational team conflict
- Misalignment between the product brand and the employee brand experience
- Generational talent audit identified problem areas
- Worked with teams in workshops to challenge the generational conflict and create generational empathy
- Worked with young talent to help them learn what “being talented meant”
- Worked with older talent to assist them in leaving a legacy and understanding the importance of mentoring younger talent
- Aligned the employee experience with the consumer brand by identifying what each generation wanted from the brand
- Attrition rate reduced to single figure
- Staff satisfaction improved
- Improved team work and productivity resulted in the unit outperforming KPI targets
- Staff received significant bonuses
BUILDING A CULTURE OF COOPERATION AND LEADERSHIP IN A PRIVATE BANK – CREATIVE COMMUNICATION
- Difficulty in connecting with people across the generations
- Management wanted more spirit and unity within the organization
- Low morale, high staff turnover and resistance to change.
- The client wanted creative, relational solutions that were different to those offered by other consultancies.
- TomorrowToday acted as a source of innovative and cutting-edge ideas
- Created a variety of programmes that were customized around the client’s style. These included:
- Interactive ‘story circles’ to assess employees’ perceptions of culture
- Facilitation and design of training workshops
- Presentations at conferences and workshops
- TomorrowToday created a game using the format of a popular TV game show to improve morale and educate staff.
- Designed themed podcasts and audio CD’s with a mentoring application. Topics included diversity, gender issues, generations and corporate social responsibility
- Interactive ‘story circles’ to assess employees’ perceptions of culture
- TomorrowToday has been placed on a retainer for over 2 years as the client saw the tangible benefits we added
- Morale and unity improved
- Managers noticed staff were more positive, inspired and enthusiastic
- Improved product knowledge
A leading private bank with 3.95 million clients in South Africa and the UK
IMPROVE SALES, PROFITABILITY AND BRAND APPEAL FOR YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULTS
- CLIENT: A leading high street, retail bank
- Loss of market share to leading competitors
- Brand not connecting with target audience
- Cost to income ratio too high – unprofitable segment
- Low customer service ratings due to poor sales and service delivery
- Used generations to identify the values that would attract the target segment
- designed and developed new branch layouts
- Profiled and assist in recruiting and training new staff
- Re-engineered the sales application and credit process to reduce costs and improve service
- Automated key application and credit processes to reduce costs
- Launched new marketing and brand campaign
- Launched new micro website aimed at target audience
- Productivity of retail bankers doubled
- Sales increased by 70%
- Cost of deliver halved
- Frontline sales staff understand and talk the generational language, profile and action their requirements against the clients’ lifestage and generational needs